- Author: Douglas C. Montgomery, George C. Runger
- Publisher: Wiley
- Size: 14 MB
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470099402
- ISBN-13: 978-0470099407
Real Engineering Situations, Real Engineering Data
With Montgomery and Runger’s best-selling engineering statistics text, you can learn how to apply statistics to real engineering situations. The text shows you how to use statistical methods to design and develop new products, and new manufacturing systems and processes. You’ll gain a better understanding of how these methods are used in everyday work, and get a taste of practical engineering experience through real-world, engineering-based examples and exercises.
Now revised, this Fourth Edition of Applied Statistics and Probability for Engineers features many new homework exercises, including a greater variation of problems and more computer problems.
- The text treats all topics in a way that reflects today's engineering realities. In the probability chapters, the authors emphasize engineering-specific examples, rather than counting methods or artificial applications such as gambling.
- Examples and exercises throughout the text use real data and real engineering situations.
- Coverage of probability is lively and interesting. It is complete but concise so as not to take over the content of the entire text.
- Thorough coverage of regression modeling, design of engineering experiments, and statistical process control from experts in these topics makes the book especially useful as a reference.